The Northern Wasatch Home Builders Association (NWHBA) is a not-for-profit trade association, organized with the purpose of supporting the construction industry in Davis, Weber, Morgan, and Box Elder counties. We are affiliated with the Home Builders Association of Utah and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the world’s largest building trade association.
NWHBA was established in 1995 with the consolidation of the Weber Basin HBA and the Davis County HBA, which allowed the industry to better meet the needs of its businesses. Today, almost 20 years later, our association could not be stronger. With a membership of approximately 275, NWHBA represents all aspects of the residential construction industry and includes many of the Northern Wasatch region’s finest builders, builder-support companies, subcontractors and companies in most every business category in the community – all dedicated to making the industry as strong as possible in the community.
NWHBA’s membership is comprised of industry-related people dedicated to "giving back" their time and resources for the betterment of the industry, the profession and our community. NWHBA’s focus is two-fold: to support our members in their business activities, and to support our local community. We are a volunteer-based organization with an elected leadership, volunteer committees and a three-person professional staff. We strive to bring the best programs and services to our members and are dedicated to ensuring that your membership experience is outstanding in every way!
NWHBA members enjoy these and many other benefits you can’t get anywhere else:
▪ Participation for every member in the annual Parade of Homes, northern Utah’s premier new home show
▪ A full-fledged government affairs program offering interaction with 27 local governments and 22 members of the Utah Legislature (three of whom are NWHBA members!), special meetings with local and state officials; monitoring of the regulatory environment for the building industry and actions to change the environment when necessary, and issue management for items of critical importance to the industry;
▪ A full-fledged education program that offers continuing education classes for all licensed general contractors, plumbers, electricians and engineers every other year, and year-round classes in business management, business marketing, information technology, insurance, tax preparation and more;
▪ A full-fledged member information program that gives you a weekly e-newsletter, a Facebook page, Internet blogs and regular e-mail updates to give you the most information possible about the issues of importance to the building industry;
▪ Discounts for workers comp insurance, membership dues, member discounts and purchasing products from 15 different national companies;
▪ Networking opportunities through four Builders Luncheons, two family outings and more each year
▪ Charitable projects through the NWHBA Charitable Foundation including scholarships for college and trade school students, providing homes for disadvantaged families through the joint Builder/Realtor Have A Heart Foundation, the NWHBA Building A Christmas project, and other various community projects
NWHBA and its 270+ members are dedicated to providing government with a strong, positive voice for the industry, helping the housing industry fulfill its role as an engine for the Northern Wasatch region’s economic development, and offering a charitable hand to the community, using the highest ethical standards in all our efforts.
NWHBA is dedicated to serving you.
5278 SOUTH 1475 EAST SUITE 100 SOUTH OGDEN, UTAH 84403